The Maasai Evangelistic Association vision, aims and objectives derive from the Christian principle of love for others. This obliges us to provide for the total development and wellbeing of the poor and needy. Our commitments lie in the spiritual, mental, social and physical development of our main target Maasai group: the rural poor and the disadvantaged. We do this in a spirit of Christian love, discipline and motivation.
In Kenya, the rural sector accounts for more than 65% of the total national population. These many rural communities are seriously deprived in the following areas:
- Poverty and lack of basic amenities for relatively comfortable living.
- Widespread illiteracy and ignorance.
- Superstition, idolatry and obnoxious cultural practices
MAASAI EVANGELISTIC ASSOCIATION AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
The Maasai Evangelistic Association wants to help the rural communities by promoting:
- Rural evangelism and planting of Christian Churches in the villages.
- Joint improvement projects between target groups and the Masai Evangelistic Association.
- Formal education among children, helped by the Masai Evangelistic Association.
- Practical and informal skills training to help with future employment.
- Economic and social empowerment of women, aided by the Masai Evangelistic Association.
- Actions towards environmental protection.
- Cooperation between Masai Evangelistic Association and churches and private / governmental agencies to help development.
MAASAI EVANGELISTIC ASSOCIATION PRINCIPLES
Maasai Evangelistic Association is a mission dedicated to preaching the Gospel in a Biblical and relevant way.
- Our confidence is that God uses the straightforward proclamation of His Word.
- Our burden is effectively to make known Christ to a lost Maasai community.
- Our desire is to take the opportunities presented by this generation.
- Our strategy is to be adaptable to the needs while faithful to the Bible.
- Our mandate is God's command: "Enchom enkop pooki entoliki ltung'ana pooki ele rorei supat." - Marko 16:15 ["Go into all the world and preach the Good News to all creation. " - Mark 16:15]
- Our calling is to do the work of an Evangelist.